Tuesday 14 December 2010

Website Layout research and begining to plan

I have been working towards planning a layout on my website however instead of trying to just create one I decided I would research and look at websites based around my style of site to get an informed view on the market and current fashion in the websites around my style.
I have that the websites that sell items of my style and are in my style are;
http://www.spiraldirect.com/  because of its influence from tribal designs and the range of makes it sells that are reflected perfectly into the design of the website. Although it has a very basic layout it deliverers in style and originality due to design. I would strive to create a website as well made as this website.
http://www.grindstore.com/ This site is different because of how easily you can navigate and it makes me think of how I need simplicity in navigation but complexity in design to keep the eye’s engaged but also knowing where they are while on the website.
http://www.bluebanana.com/ This site is a very well known site and packs the site full of information and things to buy so its stock of items is very impressive however that on the home page it is very over packed and so I would be happy to have the stock that blue banana have acquired.
After looking at these sites I have a few ideas flying around in my head. I feel that my site has to be original and so I might take aspects that each site use such as drawing on tribal patterns to enhance my designs such as borders. I will try and take the simplicity of travel on the grind store website and merge it with blue bananas mass of stock to create a user friendly website full of everything needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment