Tuesday 9 November 2010

Design Idea for website

My idea for the website in this unit is to either create a new website selling Goth and alterative or re-design Tribal voices website. However I feel more comfortable designing my own website and mixing many different labels and styles of clothes that I know and like to wear. My website will have a large inventory of everything from shoes to accessories such as wrist bands and jewellery. I have already thought of a name for my website and am looking forward to designing a logo to really emphasize the name of my site. Logo design will be a very interesting process because I did allot of logo designing last year and so I think I will be able to use all my skills from last year into helping my website look very professional. Gathering the things I put on my website shouldn’t be too much of a challenge I know plenty of website that have the brands I would like the only problem I and worried about is the copyright issues and whether there will be problems in that area or not.
My website should reflect the style of things on it therefore I feel I will be working with mostly greys, black and reds. This will let me experiment on putting red inlays into designs for borders and icons. But also this has a down side due to having such a limited palate I need to really work hard on making my designs stand out from the rest of the market. Although this poses a challenge I feel that having an idea that inspires me will give me the drive to get to the standard that I require.
Researching this project should be rather simple for me as I have been shopping from the site that inspired my idea for years I will be trying to find there designers to get further inspiration and maybe even find where they got their inspiration and see it can spark any new creative ideas for my website. I think I will look further than the websites I already know and try to find new websites because I feel the more websites I find and look at will give me a higher chance of making mine all the more original because I will know my market and know what been done and what hasn’t. I think getting the designs to be completely original will be the hardest bit but with such a vast selections of styles I could draw inspiration from means I can truly let my ideas flow. I will especially try to use the least amount of tribal style possible because I feel it is used on most of the websites that sell this style of clothing and accessories. Therefore I will have to look into lots of design styles to create my style.

1 comment:

  1. a really good description of what you want to do Connor give it a shot with tribal voice or even black dog but not blue banana, would be good to see your own designs of what you can create for alternative side of Plymouth keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete